Bailey is a French-trained chef who has found her groove with healthy cooking. In this conversation, she tells us how we can too. Let her inspire you as she shares her story of love, comfort, grit and being enough.
On This Episode
This episode will be different from the usual. Today I’m jazzed to introduce a fellow Groovemaker – Bailey Jean, a chef who has a big dream to bring healthy clean food to everyone in America. Today’s episode is a spicy cocktail of Rhythm of Life, Tune-Up Tip, and Feature Segment all rolled into one.
You probably don’t know Bailey….yet. But after you hear what she has to say, you might want to pay close attention. This young woman has a big dream, a lot of talent, and wisdom beyond her years.
Bailey has a degree from the California Culinary Academy and was certified as an integrative health coach at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. She believes that good cuisine is based on love and traditions, so is bridging the gap between comfort food and health. A huge part of finding your groove is by living a healthy life as the springboard to everything else you do. We talked about how food is the root of health, how it impacts everything else we do. We also talked about how she has found her groove through some challenging times:
- Bailey learned to incorporate her passion for food with a healthy lifestyle and mindset.
- She crafted a life unique to her; not the typical chef’s life, but one that reflected what she values most.
- She realized that she is enough.
- She stopped judging herself. And instead asked herself, “What can I do today that my future self is going to thank me for?”
Here is a recap of some take-aways from our discussion:
- Pay attention to what you eat.
- If you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it.
- Food is a primitive thing. Keep it simple.
- Food is an important part of love and tradition.
Or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m sure she’d love to hear from you.
What can you do today that your future self will thank you for? Share in the comments below.